Members of The Rotary Club of Des Moines provide financial support for educational and charitable activities through The Rotary Club of Des Moines Foundation. Created in 1982, the Foundation’s financial strength was greatly enhanced shortly after the beginning of the 21st century with the establishment of a $1 million endowment made possible by the generous donations of Club members. Activities funded annually by the Foundation include:
- Police, Firefighter, and Educator of the Year Awards
- College scholarships for local high school students
- Read to Lead reading program benefiting local elementary students
- Camperships for youngsters to attend educational and recreational summer camps
- Thanksgiving food baskets for needy families
- Salvation Army donation at Christmas
- Community grants given to not-for-profit organizations for projects or programs that benefit our community with applications typically available in the summer with a September deadline and awards announced/disbursed in December
Learn more from our brochure.
Learn more about planned giving.